Policies >> Eurofurence Terms and Conditions
- Eurofurence reserves the right to refuse admission based on your previous payment history, behaviour, or any other cause for concern that your presence may interfere with convention operations, cause excessive discomfort to staff or other attendees, or adversely affect Eurofurence's relationship with its guests, its venues or the public.
- In order to become a member of the convention, you are required to register through our online registration system. Registrations or ticket purchases through any other means are null and void.
- Each registration will be screened manually. You will receive an email with payment information as soon as your registration has been accepted. Your con fee is due within 14 days of receiving the payment information. We accept credit card payments via VISA/Mastercard, or wire transfer via SEPA/SWIFT.
- Attendees must be at least 18 years old by the first day of the convention. You will be required to present a legal photo ID or passport at check-in time.
- Memberships (including sponsor packages) are not refundable, but transferable.
- In order to transfer your membership, both parties are required to contact our Registration Team and express their mutual desire to transfer the membership. The transfer is not valid until it was approved by our registration staff in writing.
- Beginning in 2014, the stay at the hotel is no longer included in the convention fee, but must be booked separately. As soon as your registration has been accepted, you will receive a link or discount code so you can book your stay at the Estrel Hotel at our special, reduced rate.
- For safety reasons it is not allowed to bring dogs, cats or other animals into your hotel room or any of the convention event areas. Registered service dogs for the disabled are exempt from this rule.
If you want to support the convention, we would like to encourage you to become a sponsor. Sponsorship is an easy way to make a voluntary extra donation. We offer two levels of sponsorship, "regular" and "super sponsor". Sponsors get a few extra privileges, a differently colored name badge, honorable mentions in the con book, a free T-Shirt and a complimentary souvenir. Super sponsors will be rewarded with additional privileges, such as reserved seats for popular stage events and access to exclusive supersponsor-only events. You can upgrade to any sponsor level at any time.
- Communication with the registration system is secured by SSL data encryption.
- Your data will be treated confidentially and according to German data protection laws.
- You agree that we may transfer your registration to the Estrel Hotel for billing purposes.
- We will not disclose your data to any third parties unrelated to your business with Eurofurence, unless required by law.
- You agree to receive emails concerning your registration and payment status, as well as a small number of announcement emails related to the upcoming convention. We will never send you any emails unrelated to Eurofurence.
- You acknowledge that Eurofurence is a public event, and that you will be required to carry a name badge that serves as your admission ticket and identifies you with both your real name, nickname and country of citizenship, and that your full name may appear in Eurofurence related publications.
As a courtesy, we offer to "opt-out" of having your real name mentioned in any of our publications. But please be aware that all we can offer is our best effort, there is no guarantee for anonymity, and we will not accept any liability for the consequences. Eurofurence is a large, public event that attracts substantial media coverage. If being exposed as an attendee of cartoon animal fan conventions poses a danger to your job, family, or your own well being, it is your own responsibility to decide whether attending is a wise choice or not.